Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sitting in the Barn

It is cold here.... cold and windy. It may seem strange when I tell you that I am an compulsive barn sitter. I love to sit in my barn and watch the alpacas. I learn so much about how they interact with each other (Who is being a bully and who spending their time away from the herd). Animal interactions just fascinate me. The cria are learning to be independent and moving further and further away from their mothers (much to the mothers dismay). Sweet Baby James who is now 2 months old loves to explore away from his mom. He drives her crazy and she is constantly looking for him.
Mikayla who is now a yearling, sees me sitting in the barn and wants to come over and put her nose up to mime. I think she is trying to figure out how what I am doing is going to benefit her. She has piercing eyes which beg to be noticed. She is a proud girl just like her mother.
Sitting in the barn I can't help but get up and touch some fiber. I am so excited about what I am seeing with this new group of cria's. Crimpy and dense to say the least.
Eventually time passes and I realize that my hands are starting to get numb and I make one last check of the gates to make sure they are locked and get ready to head inside. Tomorrow night will come soon enough and I again will have my time to sit in the barn. I CAN'T WAIT

1 comment:

KathyDV said...

I am so glad to see you back blogging. I felt calmer just reading your post!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online